What sales techniques can I implement to close more business?
With a little bit of training and a little bit of practice, almost everyone can be better at sales. Here are some tips:
Before the meeting
- Find out their decision stage so you are presenting the right material.
- Build a profile of them so you know to whom you are talking.
- Send an agenda in advance and stick to it.
- Decide how long the meeting is going to be and stick to it.
During the meeting
- Speak to your prospects, not to the ceiling, not to the floor.
- Use a formal presentation and stick to it.
- Ask open-ended questions to which you do not know the answers so everyone learns.
- Finish with next steps.
After the meeting
- Send a follow-up.
- Document the meeting.
- Send a thank you note.