How do I document an initial and on-going review of a client's investments?
During the review, the financial advisor should consider synoptic and historical data as well as the following investment information:
- Amount and description of investments
- Categories of investments such as bonds, stocks, etc.
- Types of investments within each category, such as industry groups for stocks
- Cost basis of the investments
- Market or appraised value at review date of the investments
- Annual income from each investment
- Yield at market of each investment
- Rating of recognized financial service