Investment goals and strategies
Establishing the account type, goals, IPS, investment selection; creating an ongoing relationship plan including communications and documentation.
- What is the purpose of an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)?
- What is considered a prohibited transaction?
- How do I establish a client's personal and financial goals?
- What does the fiduciary standard require when entering into a new relationship?
- What does the fiduciary standard impose upon fiduciaries?
- How do I document an initial and on-going review of a client's investments?
- What type of client account review should be done to identify potential prohibited transactions?
- How do I structure an investment portfolio under the fiduciary standard?
- What are fiduciary standards and duties related to diversifying a client's investment portfolio?
- What process should I go through to ensure a client's assets are appropriately diversified?
- What are the different ways an advisor can be compensated?
- Can an advisor charge variable compensation?
- How do I determine if my fees are reasonable?
- How do I communicate fees to a prospect?
- What is the Best Interest Contract Exemption (BIC Exemption)?
- What are the requirements of the Best Interest Contract Exemption (BIC Exemption)?
- When is the Best Interest Contract Exemption (BIC Exemption) not needed?
- What language should be included in a Best Interest Contract (BIC) contract for IRA investors?
- What is the Principal Transaction Class Exemption (PTE)?
- What is the prohibited transaction exemption 84-24 (PTE 84-24)?
- How do I execute an investment advisory agreement with an individual account?
- For new clients, what process should I follow to open a new account?