Understanding the Basics
The basics, most of which you probably already know. This section is Fiduciary 101, and also a quick refresher for those who’ve been working all these years instead of studying.
- Am I a fiduciary?
- What's unique about an advisor being an ERISA fiduciary?
- What is considered an "investment recommendation"?
- What types of client communications are not classified as Investment Advice and are, therefore, not subject to fiduciary rule?
- What types of investment accounts do the fiduciary standards apply to?
- How can I avoid becoming a fiduciary?
- What are my obligations as a fiduciary?
- What consitutes a breach of fiduciary duty?
- What happens if I'm alleged to have breached my fiduciary duties?
- What practices should I follow with clients to comply with my fiduciary duties?